5.3.09

My Favorites... Cloth Diapers

It wouldn't be right if I didn't mention diapers in my blog.  B was in disposables up until about 18-months and then we switched her into cloth after deciding we would go with cloth for our second baby.  Once I did all the research and decided what kind of diapers to buy, we made the cloth commitment.  There are so many cloth diaper options out there, it made my head spin!  So many, I would hate to even hash it out again on this blog.  

In the end, my absolute favorites are the bumGenius 3.0 one-size diaper.  They fit babies 7-35lbs.  They come in many cute colors.  And as they say, they are the cloth diaper for every-day people.  They have a cover with an insert and close by stretch-to-fit velcro tabs.  

How do I deal with the poop?  I use an ImseVimse flushable liner in each diaper... you get the point, just toss the liner into the potty and flush!  Did you know your not suppose to toss poopy diapers into the trash?  You are actually suppose to flush the poo first?  Who does that?  
We wash the diapers every 2-3 days.  I bought just enough that we have to keep that schedule or we run out, plus any longer and that would be an even grosser load of laundry.  Speaking of laundering... you must use "special" detergent and you should not use fabric softeners. I use Charlie's Soap - I love it for everything and it's pretty economical. It can get kind of complicated.   
Anyway - this is the system that worked for my family and I thought I would pass it on.  By-the-way, we easily recovered the cost of the diapers within the first 6-months and we went "green" when it was oh so popular... it's work, but it's for our babies and their babies, right?  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails